Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fiorentina Soccer Game!

Sunday, November 7th
Me, supporting Fiorentina!
Hello all!


Today we attended a "Fiorentina" soccer game with our program. It was SO MUCH FUN! I have always wanted to go to a European soccer match, and for good reason. The fans were so crazy! Fiorentina played one of the Verona teams named "Chievo". Although it rained for almost the entire first half of the game, it did not dampen anyones spirits! We all bought ponchos, and let it rain!
Action shot! We were so close!

 The people supporting their team were such die hards and used some pretty choice language (or so I was told. They could have been yelling anything and I wouldn't have known the difference!). The fans were made up of mostly men, of every age. We had a row behind us that consisted of a couple grandpa's, middle aged men, and pretty small boys, all yelling in unison. Pretty funny to listen to them! It was so great to be at an actual sporting event, as this is something I miss about home. 
The crazy fans! (This section was similar to the
student section at Wisconsin Badger games.)
After the game, a bunch of us separated from the group to hang around by the stadium and grab a hot dog. I have never been so happy in all my life to eat a hot dog! Unfortunately, right when we finished eating them, down came the rain! We had no idea how to get back (and our maps were now soaked!), but decided to walk instead of calling a cab. We made it back after walking in the down pour for around an hour and 30 minutes. Uff da! Although we were soaked, I had a great day and will definitely be working to make it to a second Fiorentina game!
A few of my friends getting heated about a "bad call". 
My friend Adam attempting to start "the wave" 
after Fiorentina scored the first goal! Who
 knew they only do this in the U.S.? 
A couple friends and I enjoying our hotdogs after the game!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I can't believe that YOU couldn't get the Wave started. You're losing your touch. Must be time to come home:)
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete