Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bern, the capitol city of the most beautiful place i've ever seen!

Oh Bern... You're pretty great...
Rows of pretty snowcapped houses along the river
On Sunday, we headed to Bern to be tourists for the day. Bern is the capital of Switzerland and is known for being the city of bears. I didn't really understand this until we were walking by the river and saw two huge bears just hanging out in the snow. Pretty cool!
Scenic river walk
One of the bears near the river, just hanging out..
We basically just walked around and stopped at the various Christmas markets they had throughout the city.  Bern was all decked out for Christmas with lights above every street and lots of huge wreaths and other decorations. All these decorations and traditional holiday music is making me more and more excited for Christmas, but I don't think I will be in my usual Christmas spirit until I am back in Wisconsin.
The cool trees in the middle of the Christmas market.
You can see the tents around the square. Many cute things!
We took the train back to Interlaken, walked down ANOTHER long christmas market (I'm about all Christmas marketed out at this point) loaded our things on the bus, and headed back to Florence. What a weekend, huh? I can't believe everything that I saw and experienced in just 4 days! I can't wait to return to Switzerland, that is for sure!
Christmas market (in German/Swiss), this sums up
most of our day on Sunday
Story of my life: A swan living amongst a bunch of ducks...
haha, only joking! 

Happy Birthday Grandma Saltzman! I hope you had a wonderful day and can't wait to see you in just over two weeks for christmas! I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment