Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Digital Photography

Ciao a tutti! (Hi everyone!)


I have decided to post some pictures I took for my digital photography class project last week. Our homework was to pick a piazza in Florence, sit there for 2 hours, and take at least 400 pictures (a piazza is basically a closed in square surrounded by apartments/shops and usually containing a fountain or large statue in the middle, with places to sit). It seemed completely unbearable and pointless at first to be there that long, but I actually ended up getting some great shots of the Ponte Vecchio at sunset. The Ponte Vecchio is the very famous bridge in Florence and is actually only about two blocks from my apartment. In Italian, Ponte means bridge and Vecchio mean old, translation: Old Bridge. I always find that kind of funny. It is filled with tiny (EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE) shops that sell mostly gold products (i.e. necklaces, bracelets, watches). The little shops are all so cute and unique! Although it is always packed with people (darn tourists!), I very much enjoy walking over it everyday. Always something new to see!

"Locks of Love"- People buy a lock, lock it, and
then throw the keys in the water, symbolizing they
have locked their love forever! Kind of cool!
The reflection was so cool on this picture of the bridge! 
I loved the reflection of these buildings
and the symmetry of the two boats in the bottom
left corner also made it one of my favorites! 
Very peaceful.. Dontchya think? 
Another great picture of the bridge in sepia

A closer look at some of the little shops on the bridge
The other side of the bridge..
Kind of a cartoony look going on here


The sunset was so pretty! My camera definitely dropped
 the ball on capturing all the beautiful colors! 
I love arches! Get me every time! It was also
very pretty with the amber colored light!
Cool capture of a fence using a blur effect
Maybe I am learning a thing or two? 

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are all so pretty I can barely take it Dana. I want to cry they're so beautiful. I miss you and it chokes me up that you're doing something so incredibly amazing.

    ReplyDelete