Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Break Itinerary

Ciao a tutti!


My finals are officially DONE and we leave for fall break in a couple of hours. I thought it would be fun to post my itinerary for the week, so you could follow what I am doing each day (if I for some reason would be unable to find computer access). I will be traveling with five friends to Barcelona, and four the rest of the week. I hope you are all having a great week and CAN'T WAIT to share my experiences of fall break with you once I'm back! 


Thursday, October 21: We're taking a train from Florence to Pisa, Italy and depart on a plane for Barcelona, Spain. We will arrive in Barcelona at around Midnight. In Barcelona, we will be staying with my friend Katies friends apartments. SO incrediebly nice of them to let us crash at their place! 
Friday, October 22: Barcelona, Spain
Saturday, October 23: Barcelona, Spain
Sunday, October 24: Spend the morning in Barcelona and head to Madrid, Spain by train in the afternoon. We have a hostel booked in Madrid for the four of us, which could be interesting and HOPEFULLY a great experience!
Monday, October 25: Madrid, Spain
Tuesday, October 26: Spend the morning in Madrid and take an early afternoon flight to Tangier, Morocco! (Who would have guessed I would travel to Africa on my break?) In Tangier, we have a hotel booked, just to be on the safe side. This was our one "splurge" of the trip! So excited to check out this culture!
Wednesday, October 27: Tangier, Morocco
Thursday, October 28: Take an early afternoon flight out of Tangier, to Madrid, and transfer planes en route to PARIS! In Paris, we will be staying with another one of my roommate Katies friends. We really lucked out in this aspect! I wish I had more friends abroad this semester!
Friday, October 29: PARIS, France!
Saturday, October 30: PARIS, France!
Sunday, October 31 (Halloween): Take an early morning flight back to Pisa airport, and a train back to Florence after a great trip  :)

*If you have been to any of these AMAZING places, please feel free to post your favorites of your trip. Any suggestions on what we should check out would be great! 

Talk to you VERY soon!

Dana

2 comments:

  1. While I haven't been to any of these places I thought I'd share with you my strategy for picking out places to see. I pretty much just type in something like "top attractions in xxx" and evaluate the places according to what I'm interested in. personally I like to see architecture, nature, and other things that the citiy/country is famous for. here is a site that I have used a lot (this one is for Paris):

    http://gofrance.about.com/od/parisattractions/tp/attractions.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful week, Dana!
    We love you!
    Your family

    ReplyDelete