Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 1 in Rome!

Monday, Aug 30th

Today we arrived in Italy! I had a great flight after a tearful goodbye from Mom and Dad. I slept a good majority of the flight, but also had a nice chat with the girl sitting next to me who is studying this semester in Rome. It was a big relief sitting next to someone who is going through the same thing. I also met my new friend Ian McCloud at the airport, who is from Iowa and is in the same program. We were greeted by our cheerful program directors and were transferred to our hotel by a coach bus, hung out, had our first orientation (about how we should not drink excessively during our stay), and took a bus tour around the city.
 After that, a group of girls, including my roommates at the hotel, and I went out to eat at a cute little restaurant where I ordered amazing pasta, and red wine. It was so much fun! Oh, and I almost forgot! I have a new favorite food. Gelato! It was also my first meal in the country!  

Signing off with love as always! Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment