Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LONG but GOOD day of class!

Today was my looooong day of classes. I go from 9 AM (which is quite a change from 3 PM the past few days) until 5:30. I had my second Italian class, which was a bit of a disaster. The story I am about to tell you is mildly disturbing but I hope it provides you a little laugh. I arrived late to class because I had to stop and grab a coffee (had to!). Of course, I get there and we have a substitute teacher who was a lame-o to say the least. Lets just say I would have had a better run at teaching our class something. I had to sit right next to her and it was my first look at bad Italian hygiene. It is possible that she hasn't showered in maybe a week and it is also possible that she doesn't own a razor (she was wearing a tank top.. use your imagination). She also had a mole on her arm (the arm just inches from me) that had massive amounts of hair growing out of it. (Aunt Kris, if you're reading this, you would have had to leave the room!) I could not focus to save my life! Lets just say, it was not as great as the first day and we didn't get much accomplished today. After class, it was raining pretty hard but I laughed the whole way back to my apartment thinking about my recent "mole" experience.

I also had my first Graphic Design class today. My teacher is in her late twenties and is COVERED in tattoos and piercings. She gave us a long introduction on how she has dedicated her life to art. This could be an interesting semester, but I am excited to gain these skills! My last class of the day was Intercultural Communication, which I think will be my favorite class. I already learned quite a bit in just the first couple hours! What a perfect course to take while in a different culture! 12/15 students in the class are from California (UC San Diego is our schools "sister school", so they're everywhere!). I made friends with a girl from Germany who attends this school all year round. She said she attended an English school from 1st grade through high school, so her english is great! I am excited to partner up with her for group activities. My teacher also seems really great. Very vibrant and excited to share all her experiences!

Gotta go! Time for family dinner. Turns out one of my roommates is basically a chef and LOVES to cook. Tonight we're having chicken, angel hair pasta, onions and red peppers in a creamy garlic sauce. Seriously though, how did I get this lucky!

2 comments:

  1. do you have long classes too? I've got two four hour classes and one 8 hour class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! Its awful! I have all 3 hour classes and on thursdays I have a 5 1/2 hour class. 8 hours is BRUTAL! wow!

    ReplyDelete