Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A new Italian friend! :)

Not much is happening today. We attempted to go to the huge open air market this morning, which is only on Tuesdays. Attempted being the key word there. We didn't technically get lost, it was just a little further than we had anticipated and so we decided to be quitters today! Maybe we'll have better luck next week.


When we got back to the apartment from our little excursion, our cleaning service woman was over. I began to strike up a little conversation with her (with the use of my dictionary of course) and it turns out she is 21 as well. She said she studies in Brazil and has studied there for 3 years. I didn't actually figure out why she wasn't there now but that was a little tricky to ask. She speaks only Italian and I of course speak English and very very basic Italian. We ended up talking for most of the 30 minutes she was there and then she asked if I had facebook. I thought this was so cool that she got just as excited to add a new friend on facebook as I would. It was actually my first experience having a long conversation (or trying to) with someone in Italian and I really enjoyed it. I am excited that I met someone new and that I will be able to practice at least once a week with her and possibly more if we decide to ever meet up.


I had my second Public Relation Strategies class this afternoon. We got assigned partners for our big group projects. Our group is working on promoting an anti-aging cream for Aveeno. Any suggestions on how to go about this would be great  :)


Well, I'm off on an adventure to find a highlighter. Who knew they would be so hard to find over here!
CIAO for now!  :)


Here is a picture we took on our way back from the train 
station on Sunday night. The bridges and buildings were so 
beautifully lit up as the sun was just setting. 
This is the Arno river which is about 2 minutes 
from our apartment!

4 comments:

  1. You know I have a degree in Public Relations and did a "strategy" for the Mallards. Let me know if you need any help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I will definitely be talking to you after our groups first meeting! I'm glad our scenario is more Advertising than PR because that is what I have the most experience in. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, cool stuff about finding a language partner. that's awesome that you are making the effort to learn the native language. taking any Italian language classes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we are required to take Italian while we're here along with our other classes. I am in very super extra beginner Italian :) We were also given the opportunity to sign up for a language exchange through our school where we get paired with someone from Italy and meet up at least once a week to practice each others languages. I am VERY excited about this, but am also hoping to get someone very patient! Your blog is amazing by the way! I love being able to follow your trip!

    ReplyDelete