Monday, September 6, 2010

First day of class!

This morning, I got ready for class and had my roommate Katie walk me (I felt like I was waiting for the bus to go to first grade with my mom again!) to my first Italian language class. It was GREAT! My teachers name is Elisa Terrazzi and she is DEFINITELY Italian! She seems very patient and helpful. She was also a lot of fun. However, she made us do MATH today (just simple adding and subtracting with the numbers we learned) so that did not make me happy if you know my history with math. Uff Da! I have a very small class of only 8 people, which is awesome! I feel like I may actually learn some Italian this semester! The language building is about 100 or less yards from the Duomo (and the "town square" or main "Piazza" as they're called here). The weather was in the 80's today, which i've heard is a little different from what we're getting back home. I am very excited for the weather to cool off a bit though.
My Italian classroom.
We do "round table" Italian :)
Me on my first day of school! :)
Funny story. We had a bit of a problem with our washer this weekend. We put clothes in the dryer (mostly just underwear) and the washer, which was broken, locked up, stealing all our underwear. We finally got it open last night and of course everything was still drenched! We had to hang up all our soaking underwear on our balcony to let them dry (they don't have dryers in Italy... frustrating!). I'm sure our neighbors across the courtyard had a big old laugh over this situation.

I forgot to ask earlier, but if you are following my trip please click the "follow" button in the upper right corner of the screen and put your e-mail or name. This way I will be able to see who is "following" and will be able to contact you too! 


CIAO! 

1 comment:

  1. Dana-
    Sure looks lovely there and such an adventure. I don't think they had those opportunities when your mom and I were roomies. Lucky you!! What you will learn is more than any of us could ever teach you from a text book. Stay alert and alive and enjoy each moment!! I'm glad your mom shared your blog with me...keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete